Sworn translation and legalisation services at Studio Interpreti Milano
Upon completion of the legal translation, Studio Interpreti Milano offers sworn translation (asseveration) services and the validation of sworn translations (legalisation and application of Hague apostille) for use abroad in courts, consulates, the offices of public prosecutors, notaries and public officials.
Studio Interpreti Milano can provide sworn translations of documents in any language and intended for use in any country.
For this service, we refer to public offices in Milan, where the translation agency has its headquarters, or in any other city or country, thanks to our collaboration with sworn translators all over the world.
Where there is no need for a sworn translator or asseveration before a public official, our translation agency can still provide, on request, its own certification of quality for the translation provided; this certification can also be drafted in a foreign language, for use abroad.
How does asseveration and legalisation at the Court of Milan or other Italian courts work?
The translator makes an oath, in the form of a signed statement attached to the translated document, before a public official at the court registry office, with which he/she assumes responsibility for the document. The apostille is, instead, a certificate that validates at international level the authenticity of any public document and has full validity in all member countries of the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961.
When a client orders a sworn translation, it is essential that we at Studio Interpreti Milano are provided with the original document to be translated or a certified copy.
The original (or certified copy) will be attached to translation and the written oath, thus making up an indivisible dossier that will be of value until it is disassembled or tampered with.
Studio Interpreti Milano shall take care of affixing the duty stamps required for the oath and validation. The client may be asked to provide these duty stamps together with the original document.
For the service of translations sworn before the Court of Milan, we employ translators registered with the Register of Technical Consultants of the Court (CTU) of Milan. It is important to note that in certain Italian cities, there is no requirement for the translator to be registered on the professional register, instead every office may apply its own rules; providing sworn translation services all over Italy, our agency identifies a suitable translator on the basis of the particular local situation, to guarantee our clients an accurate and punctual service.
Which translations can we provide the sworn translation service for?
Studio Interpreti Milano can only provide sworn translations for documents that it has translated directly or for translations of third parties that has in any case revised and corrected.
We can provide sworn translations for any type of official text, for instance:
- court rulings
- judicial and extra-judicial documents
- corporate by-laws
- minutes of shareholders’ meetings
- international documentation for mergers and acquisitions, tenders, tender offers, IPOs
- legal opinions
- notary deeds
- Chamber of Commerce certificates and corporate documents
- all types of certificate (birth, marriage, divorce, death and succession), vehicle registration certificates, driving licenses, identity documents and residence permits, documents of recognition, documents of marital status, family status, certificates of pending charges, certificates of criminal records, school and university certificates and diplomas, certificates of vocational training, wills.
In which languages can we provide sworn translations?
Studio Interpreti Milano provides sworn translations for documents in any language or dialect. By way of example, the languages we offer include:
- Sworn translation in European languages: Albanian, Basque, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Croatian, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, French, Gaelic, Galician, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Kosovo, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Hungarian and Valencian.
- Sworn translations in languages Eurasian, Asian, African and American: Arabic, Bantu, Bengali, Belarusian, Cambodian, Chinese, Korean, Creole, Kurdish, Farsi, Filipino (Tagalog), Japanese, Hindi, Indonesian, Laotian, Malay, Mongolian, Pashto, Punjabi, Quechua, Russian, Somali, Swahili, Tajik, Thai, Urdu Welsh, Urdu, Uzbeki, Vietnamese and Zulu.